Thursday, October 2, 2008

....But you Say He jusT A friend

So, where was I?

Oh yes... my cell phone company is one giant douche.

Here is an excerpt from yesterday's conversation.... which I am AGAIN writing to you while on hold with them...


Me: Well you see Sir, while there are legitimate charges, I'm more concerned with the ones that aren't since my phone has been dialing out BOTH random numbers and recalling numbers from my contact list.

Patronizing Customer Service Douche: Well, I suppose that I could give you the benefit of the doubt and erase these charges to numbers such a 99-999-99-99....

Me: Benefit of the doubt?

Patronizing C.S.D.: Well... I don't know... they could be numbers in Italy for all I know....


Me: Well Sir, I can assure you that they aren't. I have never heard of a country code, a city code and a phone number all being comprised of the same digit.....

P.C.S.D: Well before I erase those charges perhaps we can arrange a payment

Me (realizing that he is holding the prospect of erasing charges that are totally illegitimate int he first place hostage until I agree to his demands): Sir, paying the bill is not the problem.... the problem, is that there are a great number of illegitimate charges for which I refuse to pay. I think that you can see the problem, when I come home from almost a year in Europe to a huge phone bill and no service.......Especially when I pay hundreds of dollars a month in phone bills (I do... I pay like 300 a month when I live here....seriously)

P.C.S.D: Well we did text msg you to let you know of the suspension...

Me: Yea, you mean the text messages that you then CHARGE me for? And, Ya I would have been alerted if the hardware you sold me wasn't defunct and I could receive and read text messages on my screen.....

P.C.S.D: I don't know what to tell you.... we value you as a customer.

Me: I'm going to swing by the telus store today, just so you know.

P.C.S.D: Uhhhhhhhh.....


Seriously, this is the bullshit that I'm dealing with. the only helpful person was a tech support, whom I was instructed to call despite the fact that my phone is useless...and she simply explained that everyone else is a douche and that the software sometimes does this..... and she can't do anything to help because her job is to troubleshoot hardware, not software.

OK OK so she didn't use those words.... but that's my interpretation.

I'll keep you updated.

KK.

UPDATE: They apologize for my continuing to remain on hold, and their next customer service Representative will be happy to help me.......


uh huh

No comments: