Friday, October 17, 2008

The Only Romantic Love is that which is Unfulfilled....

I miss Man Friend. Like a lot.


I woke up this morning at 7 am and turned on the TV, because really....what else do I have to do? I watched Out Of Africa. It's about a Danish Baroness and this American chap (Robert Redford) and she loves him but she's married and he's so independent. When she finally gets a divorce, he tells her that he can't really be there to just be with her... he loves her but he needs freedom. Then he admits that he wants her around, and promptly dies.

The entire movie was pretty irrelevant to my relationship with Man Friend... I mean, I didn't sit by the fire begging him to not go on Safari. And I never would. I'd ask for a rifle that fits me and ask what time we were leaving in the morning... but still. Something about a sappy love story from Africa made me curl up in my bed and shut the curtains till 9 am.... when I finally talked myself into getting out of bed and trying on an old vintage dress that I've never worn*.

And now I'm back in bed.

And I think that I'll stay here. Maybe apply for a few jobs......... seeing as I'm still unemployed**


KK.

*Not a safari dress............ more 1950s with a lace overlay......
**I DID have an interview yesterday...perhaps I will write about it when I'm more inspired to be less boring.

No comments: