Thursday, October 2, 2008

What Choo Want...Baby I got It

I'm back in the great White North...as evidence, Mother Nature sent me some lovely frost this morning... oh to be back in bed.

Let's just clear a few things up, so as to appropriately preface my cynicism for everyone.

I move home after about a year of living and working in Europe. I knew that my contract was expiring so, it wasn't unexpected. But now....

....I'm unemployed, and living with my parents and my brother. I've only been in this pathetic state for 35 hours and I want to stab myself with a butter knife.

I've already sent out emails to old bosses and jobs that I really thought that I would never want to return to. I just want an apartment of my own........and possibly to have my phone reconnected... too much to ask?

Apparently.

Furthermore, I hate my cell phone company because they are being totally asinine........ I had thought of waiting to spew this story, but since I am , again, sitting on hold with them and they seem to be experiencing a larger volume of calls than usual... I may as well write about it now.


I kept my North American cell phone while in Europe, because I love it and I'm addicted to it. I stripped it of excess accessories like daytime minutes because I was only going to use it in extreme emergencies... and so I did, as I had a Swiss cell phone anyway.

I had used it a few times and was totally on top of payments until about August. Finally, I look at it, which I don't do often because it sits nicely on my dresser because I don't need it, right?

Well all of a sudden, the LCD is cracked.

How the hell did that happen????

Then it turns out that it's been randomly dialing out numbers............. AT 2 DOLLAR A MINUTE ROAMING FEES.

I do not deny that I've used it.... but rarely. like 10 times in the last 9 months........... So WHAT THE HELL.

Finally, I get in touch with this "customer service representative" who is easily the MOST patronizing person EVER....

Man, i understand that your job sucks but really... REALLy.....

OK, i have to run, I'm sorry kids. I'll finish this story up this afternoon....

Do you mind?

Of course you don't!

KK

No comments: