Saturday, August 30, 2008

Man Friend pt 1: Things Your Man Friend should Never Do

I'm going to write this post in two parts, simply because I want to remember the two events totally separately. I've had this Man Friend for a great many months (great many months to me, may not be the same as great many months to you). We live in the same European city, and he is about 13 years older than I am.
For those of you that don't know, a Man Friend is different than a Boy Friend. We spend boat loads of time together and really enjoy each others company, but for whatever reason, a parting is inevitable and therefore exclusivity is ruled out of the equation. I feel that I'm making my Man Friend seem a tad more mature than he really is, and he'd admit that openly.
He's definitely an 18 year old at heart, and sometimes dress.

As a disclaimer, I care for him very deeply, in a way that one can only care for a Man Friend. The typical sentiments and grading of feelings do not apply because there is no progression in the relationship. It's just assumed that the old adage: "a different time, a different place" applies to your situation.

No, he's not married. But, I am leaving Europe in about 30 days, and this city in 15, so our time is, and has always been limited.

Now, I'm going to start with the annoying part of my day with Man Friend, because I'd like to only remember the good part, therefore I'll write that last (we ALL know that this wont work).

So, here goes:

Things your Man Friend should NEVER say...EVER:

1. "Wow THAT girl is too skinny, I don't like chicks that are too skinny..." (he says while looking at you slightly adoringly........ the skinny chick you ask? She's also PREGNANT)

2. "I have this friend that is dating an overly attractive girl.... and he's always wondering when she's going to trade up. That's why I don't date overly attractive girls" (7 months dude. 7 months. Honestly, I suppose dating isn't the right term for our involvement, but oh wait... YA it probably is unless you want to get all technical. It's just never going beyond dating...asshat!)

3. "Here, you get in the picture with those two cows, and now it will be three cows" (This was a funny joke when the above two hadn't been said yet)

4. "I can't understand why you're annoyed"

5. ..........I'm sure there was more, I just stopped listening after this.........



The end.

KK.

No comments: