Sunday, August 31, 2008

......Sometimes I Just have to Shake My Head....

So there's this guy on Facebook who felt the need to add me because we share the same last name. In his facebook picture, he is wearing military fatigues, a belle-clave and holding a VERY large automatic weapon.

........Sorry Mother but I couldn't keep my mouth shut.....

My response:

Hello there,

Look, I'm not going to lie to you... Your picture makes me sick. You're perpetuating a violent stereotype about the Irish and the IRA militia that actually makes life harder for us Irish all over the world.

I'm proud of where I came from, and I am a proud catholic. But you are not representative of my Ireland, nor of my catholicism.

Sinn Feinn (the political faction) have been making headway in a diplomatic reach towards peace, and your blatant affinity for fatigue and weaponry on a social networking site that has millions of young and impressionable people is one of the obstacles that makes it difficult for them to do their job.

Most people would have a problem saying what I'm saying to you, since you obviously feel quite at home cuddling up to a rather large gun. However, I wouldn't be Irish if I didn't speak up... and I most certainly wouldn't be a good catholic.

I hope that the cold metal of your gun shaft keeps you warm at night.

KK.

No comments: