Saturday, August 23, 2008

There is a Land Called Passive Aggressiva, and I am the Queen

OK...

So I was reading randomness on he web this morning, instead of reading the news. This rarely happens, but for some reason the inducement of Biden as Obama's running mate does not interest me in the least. I feel like he looked at mug shots and chose the person who looked the most like McCain. Way to shake things up a bit there brotha...

Anyways, the randomness I found to be the most useful to my life read: I sat and read the archives for over an hour was found at: http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

One note that interested me highly was an anonymous note to a co-worker which stated that he nails were too long and that her typing was thus too loud and it included some suggestions to rectify this for her fellow coworkers.

Now, I appreciate a good piece of passive aggressive literature as much as the next blogger, but seriously... seriously?

Then I spent possibly a bit too much time thinking of what my personal reply might have been. This was, in fact, a useful waste of time as I happen to have long nails, and I like them and one day this might annoy a co worker... you know, if I ever have any.

So this is what I would do. I would P.I. my butt all over the office and find out who it was, claiming that I wanted to apologize. Eventually, you would find out, because office workers are worse than sorority girls when it comes to gossip, and I would respond in like, with a note. Although I'd skip the anonymity for all of our sakes. It would read as such:


"Dear Terry-Lynn**,

I received your message re: my nail lengths. And I'm so glad you wrote, honestly, I really am, because I have been wanting to tell you that your hair is dead. You should cut it, and stop dying it that bleach yellow, it's killing your hair, and the last 4 inches of it are showing serious distress. This has been annoying me for quite some time, but until I received your note, I was unaware that items of personal hygiene were within the public realm of office discussion. Thanks again!

KateKavanaugh

P.S. Here's my hair dressers phone number (XXX) XXX-XXXX
P.P.S.: Pants with flames up the hem on Casual Friday...really?***


**I feel that the name Terry-Lynn would be appropriate for such a coworker
*** Once I actually went to a job interview, and the receptionist was wearing jeans with flames up the side on casual Fridays. It was for a mega international company, and my interviewer actually felt compelled to tell me that this was not normal... and to not be confused by her casual dress... I suppose my $500 black suit didn't do my work appropriate fashion sense justice?


Anyways, I have to run... I'm off to visit a religious pilgrimages site. I have varied interests, what can I say?


KK.

No comments: