Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back Under the Tuscan Sun

I love Tuscany! Just love it. I was born to live and breath the Tuscan air.

People are already giving me the death stare for being on the computer for so long.... but I have been so hungover all day that this is a massive accomplishment to even make it this far... So they can bite me.

Plus, we're leaving as soon as H. gets back from her solo bike tour. I don't share roadways with Italian drivers....


Yesterday, H. and I found a little restaurant in this side alley and quickly struck up a friendship with our waitor.... also, the owner as it turned out. We mentioned that we wanted to go to a vineyard and do a wine tasting thing.... so instead of mentioning that he, in fact owns a vineyard.... he invites us back to the restaurant that evening to go through the wine cellar and have a tasting of our own.

What he meant was.... come to my retaurant, eat dinner, and I will just keep opening bottles of my own wine from my own vineyard and putting them on the table. OK.

Next thing we know, it's just us and the owner, E., a few servers, and a buyer for gucci from Japan* left in the restaurant. 6 people walk in and suddenly everyone is lively and preparing. These 6 people are apparently a big deal. BIG.

Turns out they are Italian movie stars. I still have no idea who they are or in what they performed, and to be honest, I don't really care. But it was cool none the less. After they left, we all headed to the Irish pub.

If 5 bottles of wine wasn't the first mistake, then having a guiness after WAS.

H. was sleepy so I took her back home, but E. The restaurant owner was all insitant on taking me up to some piazza. H. didn't think that it was a good idea.

I don't seem to see the problem with jumping on the back of a vespa, driven by a man I don't know and going to an unknown location in a forgien country.... So, I did what any girl would do in my situation, I lied to H. and told her I wasn't going and once she was in bed, I strapped on a helmet and ran out the door.

Turns out I'll take you this romantic piazza is double speak for: lets go back to the restaurant.

He gave me a tour of the kitchen.... because I don't care.... and then took me to the wine cellar. OK, I may have been drunk and made several bad decisions up until this point but I think we can all agree that E. had a little wine cellar nookie in mind.

I did not.

He tired to kiss me.... and I mean tried because I don't conisder a tounge jetting out at you anything more than a mere attempt.

In life I have found that the easiest way to get control of a situation is to act like you already have it. So, I took a step back, turned around and grabbed two bottles of wine from his cellar.... and then said: 'Yes, these two will do lovely as presents.... Thanks a lot!' And I put on my helmet and walked to the door.

It was a risky move.... but it worked. I don't recomend trying it at home kids.

I was back at my hostel (Academy in Florence...best hostel ever) within 20 minutes and on the phone with Man Friend as he left for work and I went to bed.


* I totally checked his labels.... like while he was still wearing his clothes. Nothing spectacular.



Disclaimer: Although I did something rediculously stupid, if you want blog priveledges, you can not lecture me ..... Mom.

No comments: