Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Getting a Make-Over!

My darling Twin brother has decided to undertake the aesthetics of my blog with his brand new Macbook. I want one soooo bad, but until 2011, when I might actually have a disposable income, I will have to live vicariously through him. So, expect that some time in the near future.

My Blog makeover has inspired me, and today I felt well enough to work out for a little bit. In light of being accused of having never been skinny in my life, by someone who has known me less than a year, I have felt compelled to prove him wrong. I've lost 3 kilos in a week due to being sick, so I was thinking that I'd try to keep that up with healthy eating and exercise.

So there I was with weights and music, and about to do some sit ups when I went into an enormous coughing fit on the floor. While lying there, I realized that I'm in Europe, and while the wine alone is enough of a reason to NOT diet, I live in the capital of cheese and chocolate. Forget this fitness crap... I'm getting fat. Being skinny is only acceptable in North America where the food sucks.

Speaking of Man Friend. He's pretty much MIA. I think that it's safe to count the Mountain excursion as our last (good) memory. He definitely came over last night to fix my laptop (Macbook SO needed). I'm not going to recount the entire distressing 2 hours of conversation, or rather lack there of, but I'll leave you with what he left me with:

Kate: "So... Do you think that you could be in a good mood next time I see you since I leave forever in a few weeks?"

M.F.: "Do you want me to force it?"

Kate: "Yes. I do. I'd like a nice memory to leave with"

M.F.: "It's better if you just remember me as a jerk"

M.F. exits.

Am I the only one who feels compelled to find some music to roll in the background of his dramatic exit? What the hell.

Maybe he found my blog.

This happens a lot with us. Every time it looks like it might be over for some reason, he acts like this for a week or two. And normally, that's cool because I'm in to having my own space too... but uh.... it's game day. I'm gone after this. There is no calling up and apologizing over a candle lit dinner this time.

I wonder how long until he realizes that....

On the plus side, this has given me the perfect emotional excuse to go and purchase a pair of brown leather boots that I have had my eye on for WEEKS. I LOVE them.... I will name them 'booties' and they will be mine...

KK.

No comments: